I will work hard as the elementary school counselor to provide
support to students, parents, faculty/staff, and administration. My
overall goal is to assist students in reaching their full potential
academically, socially, and emotionally. I am providing individual and
group counseling on issues that may interfere with their learning. I
will also use Pro-social to conduct classroom guidance that focus on
topics such as:
- Be successful in school.
- Establish effective study skills.
- Develop positive feelings about work, family, and society.
- Build positive feelings towards self and others.
- Develop skills in interacting and communicating with others.
- Cope with change in themselves and their surroundings.
- Identify and accept their own and others' strengths and weaknesses.
- Recognize the causes and effects of their actions.
- Become responsible for their own behavior.
I will also work to help students become motivated learners and
encourages them to discuss concerns with their parents. When students
work through their social and emotional issues, with the help of their
parents and the counselor, they are able to devote attention and energy
to the intellectual tasks at school.
-Mr. Kevin Wrasman